Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, The HagueAirborne Composites Automation
Be part of an unique growth story!
Join us to help build the leading advanced composites automation and digital manufacturing company. Airborne is a technology leader in advanced composites, specialized in the industrialisation of engineering and manufacturing of durable fibre reinforced composites for Space, Aeronautics, Transport and Marine industries. Via Airborne’s unique combination of skills: our deep and wide composites, software engineering and mechatronics know-how – we enable our customers to unlock their full potential in digital manufacturing growth and create a competitive advantage. We are agile, flexible and think like a start-up. This nimble approach is challenging for many incumbent companies—but it’s at the heart of how we think to build winning positions by developing integrated, automated and connected manufacturing solutions for the composite industry.
Together we are a dynamic group of 135 highly educated and passionate employees, split between our headquarter in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and our site in Lambourn (UK).
What is your new job?
As our new Software Engineer at Airborne Composites Automation you will work within a multidisciplinary project team to solve some of the most complex challenges in composite manufacturing. We have a variety of applications supporting our customers in planning and design for manufacturing. You will be part of the team maintaining existing and creating new applications providing a seamless experience in work preparation.
You will use your knowledge of software development life cycle to develop solutions directly for end-customers. A high level of autonomy is provided for you to do your work as you see fit. With our innovative portfolio of products there is always a challenge for you to sink your teeth in, allowing you to get out of your comfort zone.
Our products are Python based, making heavy use of libraries like Shapely, SimPy, ezdxf etc. You will not only provide the functionality and intelligence but are able to deliver a functioning application. Most applications are web based projects and depending on the requirements use frameworks like Dash, Django or aiohttp.
What are your responsibilities?
- Solving business problems, working cross-functionally and delivering applications directly to end customers;
- Writing well documented, clear and tested code using Python;
- Taking initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do;
- Writing clear documentation;
- Collaborate within the software team to improve our way of working.
Reporting Lines and Interactions
You will report to the Digital lead. You will work together with your colleagues in the business unit (Project Management, Mechanical-, Automation-, Process Engineering), Airborne’s partners, colleagues in Airborne UK, suppliers, and customers.
Minimum BSc/MSc in fields such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as Software Engineer;
- Advanced skills in Python;
- Preferably experience in at least one of these areas:
- Simulation & planning
- (2D) computational geometry & spatial analysis
- File formats like DXF, DWG
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build strong working relationships
- Systems engineering view, capable of linking the high-level requirements to detailed solutions
- Ability and attitude to look beyond project boundaries
- Ability to align all stakeholders, from operational to strategic level
- Fluent in English
What we offer
Working at Airborne Composites Automation will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
A great opportunity to be part of an unique growth story!
Information & Procedure
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.
Third party applications are not appreciated.