Senior Software Engineer
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, The HagueAirborne Composites Automation
Be part of an unique growth story!
Join us to help build the leading advanced composites automation and digital manufacturing company. Airborne is a technology leader in advanced composites, specialised in the industrialisation of engineering and manufacturing of durable fibre reinforced composites for Space, Aeronautics, Transport and Marine industries. Via Airborne’s unique combination of skills: our deep and wide composites, software engineering and mechatronics know-how – we enable our customers to unlock their full potential in digital manufacturing growth and create a competitive advantage. We are agile, flexible and think like a start-up. This nimble approach is challenging for many incumbent companies — but it’s at the heart of how we think to build winning positions by developing integrated, automated and connected manufacturing solutions for the composite industry.
Together we are a dynamic group of 135 highly educated and passionate employees, split between our headquarter in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and our site in Lambourn (UK).
What is your new job?
As our new Senior Software Engineer at Airborne Composites Automation you will work within multidisciplinary project teams to solve some of the most complex challenges in composite manufacturing. Within these teams you represent the software development department and plan, design, implement and deploy solutions. You guide your fellow software engineers with on-the-job training and guidance.
With a maturing product portfolio you get the opportunity to mature the technical foundation of those products. You help craft the engineering vision, own the technical landscape and develop applications that grow with our organisation. You ship software as often as possible as you believe incremental learning is of the utmost importance.
What do you work on?
At Airborne we have created several software solutions responsible for driving composite production machines, facilitating work preparation and handling the data output generated by our robotic cells.
We are currently in the process of unifying these solutions into one product. Therefore we are looking for people who are passionate about designing a stable and maintainable code base with a low amount of technical debt. You would be working in an environment with technical, like-minded people where you can quickly see the impact of your code running on the robotic cells at our facility.
Our products are Python based, making heavy use of libraries like Shapely, matplotlib, ezdxf etc. You will not only provide the functionality and intelligence but are able to deliver a functioning application. Most applications are web-based projects and depending on the requirements use frameworks like Django, PyQt, and aiohttp. Frontend development is a sometimes necessary but minimal part of the job.
You are responsible for:
- Keeping track of the current technical solutions.
- Working on the architectural level. Applying best practices and keeping team members accountable
- Taking initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do
- Collaborate within the software team to improve our way of working
- Minimum BSc/MSc in Computer Science or similar.
- 7+ years of experience writing software, and a strong engineering background
- Experience with python software architecture
- Experience with backend web development
- Experience with data management/engineering
- Experience with Docker (compose)
- Ability and attitude to look beyond project boundaries
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend and hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers and engineers alike.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- Optional: experience mentoring and leading technically other engineers
- Optional: experience with automation and control
What we offer
Working at Airborne Composites Automation will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
A great opportunity to be part of an unique growth story!
Information & Procedure
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.
Third party applications are not appreciated.
Please note: a pre-employment screening (education check and conduct of good behavior / VOG) will be part of the hiring process