Senior Software Engineer
The Hague, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsAirborne Composites Automation
Be part of an unique growth story!
Airborne Composites Automation (ACA), is looking for an experienced Software Engineer. At ACA we develop end-to-end automation and digitalization solutions for composites parts manufacturing. We have a suite of standard automated systems, but also design bespoke solutions for specific customer needs.
In this role you work within multidisciplinary project teams to solve some of the most complex challenges in composite manufacturing. Within these teams you represent software and plan, design, implement and deploy automation solutions.
With a maturing product portfolio, you get the opportunity to lay the technical foundation of those products. You help craft the engineering vision, own the technical landscape and develop applications that grow with our organization. You ship software as often as possible as you believe incremental learning is of the utmost importance. You mentor your fellow software engineers with on-the-job training and guidance.
What is your new job?
We have created several software solutions responsible for driving composite production machines, facilitating work preparation and handling the data output generated by our robotic systems. We are currently in the process of unifying these solutions into one product and focus lies on designing a stable and maintainable code base with a low amount of technical debt.
Our products are Python based, making heavy use of libraries like Shapely, matplotlib, ezdxf etc. You will not only provide the functionality and intelligence but are able to deliver a functioning application. Most applications are web-based projects and depending on the requirements use frameworks like Django, PyQt, and aiohttp. Frontend development is a sometimes necessary but minimal part of the job.
You are responsible for:
- Keeping track of the current technical solutions.
- Working on the architectural level. Applying best practices and keeping team members accountable.
- Taking initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do.
- Collaborate within the software team to improve our way of working.
Reporting Lines and Interactions
You will report to the Digital lead. You will work together with your colleagues in the business unit (Project Management, Mechanical-, Automation-, Process Engineering), Airborne’s partners, colleagues in Airborne UK, suppliers, and customers.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mathematics, Computer Science, Robotics or Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience writing software, and a strong engineering background.
- Experience with python software architecture.
- Experience with backend web development.
- Experience with data management/engineering.
- Experience with Docker (compose).
- Fluent in English.
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend and hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers and engineers alike.
- Experience in mentoring and guiding other engineers is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
A workplace which is truly based on trust, and as such a high level of autonomy is provided for you to do your work as you see fit. With our innovative portfolio of automation products there is always a challenge for you to sink your teeth in, allowing you to get out of your comfort zone. We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. We encourage opportunities for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching. Furthermore, we offer:
- A hybrid work model with flexibility in working times and place of work.
- Generous annual leave of 32 days.
- Retirement Pension Plan with Zwitserleven.
- Opportunity to do trainings and courses.
Information & procedure
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
Please note: a pre-employment screening (education check and conduct of good behavior / VOG) will be part of the hiring process.
Third party applications are not appreciated.