The Hague, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsAirborne Aerospace
Be part of an unique growth story!
Join us to help build the leading advanced composites automation and digital manufacturing company. Airborne is a technology leader in advanced composites, specialised in the industrialisation, engineering and manufacturing of durable fibre reinforced composites for Space, Aeronautics, Transport and Marine industries.
Via Airborne’s unique combination of skills: our deep and wide composites, software engineering and mechatronics know-how – we enable our customers to unlock their full potential in digital manufacturing growth and create a competitive advantage. We are agile, flexible and think like a start-up. This nimble approach is challenging for many incumbent companies—but it’s at the heart of how we think to build winning positions by developing integrated, automated and connected manufacturing solutions for the composite industry.
Together we are a dynamic group of highly educated and passionate employees, split between our headquarter in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and our site in Lambourn (UK).
What is your new job?
As Process Engineer you will define and optimise the composite manufacturing processes. In this diverse role you will be involved at every stage of a project; ranging from setting-up quotations, (co-)engineering of the most optimum design, material selection and detailing the manufacturing processes till delivery of the products. The role requires a close cooperation with all departments, where knowledge sharing among your fellow engineers is key. Within your projects you will be the first line of contact towards clients (from a technical point of view) in support of the Project Manager.
What are your responsibilities?
- Translating client requirements to a manufacturable design (co-engineering
- Develop/qualify manufacturing processes for composite manufacturing
- Define and support design of required tooling
- Mitigating risks during design and production
- Providing clear documentation: reports, process flows, work instructions, etc
- Stimulate and support continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Support during the acquisition phase
Reporting Lines and Interactions
In this role you will report to the Manager Engineering & Projects. You will work closely together with the other engineers (structural, design, CAD), work preparators, project managers, quality team and production team.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace and/or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years in a design / process engineering or production environment
- Space or Aeronautical environment
- Experience with composite materials and processes
- Good communication skills
- Being an Independent thinker and taking initiative
- Open to learn from others
- Structural and design knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge of Lean and Continuous improvement is an advantage
What we offer
Working at Airborne International will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects. We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
A great opportunity to be part of an unique growth story!
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
Third party applications are not appreciated.
Please note: a pre-employment screening (education check and conduct of good behavior / VOG) will be part of the hiring process