Commercial Project Manager
The Hague, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsAirborne Composites Automation
Be part of an unique growth story!
Join us to help build the leading advanced composites automation and digital manufacturing company. Airborne is a technology leader in advanced composites, specialised in the industrialisation of engineering and manufacturing of durable fibre reinforced composites for Space, Aeronautics, Transport and Marine industries. Via Airborne’s unique combination of skills: our deep and wide composites, software engineering and mechatronics know-how – we enable our customers to unlock their full potential in digital manufacturing growth and create a competitive advantage. We are agile, flexible and think like a start-up. This nimble approach is challenging for many incumbent companies—but it’s at the heart of how we think to build winning positions by developing integrated, automated and connected manufacturing solutions for the composite industry. Together we are a dynamic group of 135 highly educated and passionate employees, split between our headquarter in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and our site in Lambourn (UK).
What is your new job?
Being one of our Project Managers, you are responsible for the engineering and delivery of our automation systems and production lines. All projects have a high technology content and demanding customers, and you will work with your team to manage the technology challenges to deliver the product within budget, planning and scope.
The unique character of Airborne is the combination of composites, mechanical and software expertise that create the ground-breaking automation and digital solutions. As Project Manager you will manage the these very different domains and the interfaces between them.
You will build your teams and create an energized atmosphere where the team members are fearless, engaged and connected to the one purpose of delivering a system that makes the customer happy. The organization of Airborne is heavily based on cross-functional project teams that manage the project holistically and with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Airborne has a strong international orientation, in customers, suppliers and colleagues. You will navigate the cultural differences and are open to occasional travelling.
You are responsible for:
- Realization of projects from a signed contract to product delivery
- Budget responsible for your projects
- On time delivery (planning)
- Customer satisfaction and customer relations
- Happiness and effectiveness of the team
- Mentoring of colleagues and help the management team with shaping the business unit, together with your fellow seniors
- Quality planning and improvement
- Internal reporting
Reporting Lines and Interactions
In this role you will report to the Managing Director of the business unit Airborne Composites Automation. You will work together with colleagues from the commercial department, procurement, engineering department and production.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Automation/Aerospace)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in engineering or a technical environment
- A minimum of 2 years in (technical) project management
- Experience in the field of Aerospace or Automotive is a plus
- Experience in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Fluent in project management work flow and reporting
- Outstanding communication skills
- Basic knowledge and interest in automation and/or composites
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Teamwork - ownership – precision
- Discipline, initiative; organise, flexibility
What’s in it for you?
A workplace which is truly based on trust, and as such a high level of autonomy is provided for you to do your work as you see fit. With our innovative portfolio of automation products there is always a challenge for you to sink your teeth in, allowing you to get out of your comfort zone. We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. We encourage opportunities for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
- A hybrid environment with possibilities to work from home.
Information & procedure
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
Please note: a pre-employment screening (education check and conduct of good behavior / VOG) will be part of the hiring process.
Third party applications are not appreciated.